Friday 27 May 2016

Rae reads... Those Summer Nights by Mandy Baggot

About the book:

Imogen has just applied for her dream job when her brother Harry decides to impulsively buy a Greek restaurant in Corfu. He decides that that he will run it himself and tries to persuade Imogen to help.


Panos wants to buy back his family taverna, which Harry has just bought. Imogen thinks this is the perfect solution but Harry won't sell. Imogen begins to love the sparkling mediterranean sea and endless blue skies but is it just Corfu that she is falling for?



My thoughts:


I loved the cover of this book it really set the scene and I couldn't wait to start reading. 


I think it would be hard not to like Imogen and even though Harry is a bit flaky to start with he is a great character too. The characters were well developed and I felt like I was a part of their world. Panos to start with is a little unlikeable although there is a definite spark between Imogen and Panos. As the book progresses I got to know the characters well. Most of them had issues which gave their characters extra depth and meaning. I found myself immersed in their lives. I really took to the character of Elpida she was like the glue that bound the story together. She was always trying to help and be there for everyone.  


The writing is descriptive and I could really imagine myself in Greece soaking up the sun and eating the local food. The plot was easy going and kept up a good pace throughout, put it this way I didn't get bored. It was good to have the point of view from both Panos and Imogen, I think it always adds more meaning to a story. 


Overall:


I could have happily read this in one sitting unfortunately part time work and having two young children doesn't really make this possible! I did however stay up pretty late two nights in a row to finish, although feeling pretty tired now! 
I especially loved reading all about the characters and Corfu itself. 

Those Summer Nights really is a feel good summer story that left me with a smile!

Five stars from me!

Thank you to Bookouture & Netgalley for my copy to read and review. 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this LOVELY review, Rae! I'm so glad you enjoyed the story!

    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I thought it was great!

      Looking forward to your next book.

      Rae xx

      Delete